MAKING CENTS ADD UP Skip to main content


Is Relationship Building Important For Small Businesses?

Relationship building is an essential component of running a successful small business. It is the process of establishing and nurturing long-term connections with customers, vendors, and other stakeholders. The importance of relationship building cannot be overstated as it can help small businesses build a loyal customer base, improve brand reputation , and create new business opportunities. In this article, we will explore the importance of relationship-building for small businesses and how it can contribute to their growth and success. The importance of relationship-building for small businesses Building customer loyalty One of the most significant advantages of relationship building is its ability to establish customer loyalty. By creating strong connections with customers, small businesses can create a loyal customer base that keeps coming back for repeat purchases . This, in turn, increases customer lifetime value, which is essential for the long-term success of a small business.

What Struggles Do Small Business Owners Encounter In Marketing?

Marketing is an essential part of any business, including small businesses. Effective marketing helps small businesses attract and retain customers, increase brand awareness, and ultimately grow the business. However, small business owners often face numerous challenges when it comes to marketing their products or services. In this article, we will discuss some of the common struggles small business owners encounter in marketing. Marketing challenges facing small business owners Limited Budget: Small businesses usually have limited financial resources, which makes it challenging to invest in expensive marketing campaigns. They have to be creative and strategic in their marketing efforts to achieve the desired results. As a result, small business owners may struggle to compete with larger companies that have more financial resources to invest in marketing. Limited Time: Small business owners have many responsibilities, and marketing is just one of them. They may struggle to find the ti

Why And How Is Having Multiple Payment Options Important For Business Growth?

In today's fast-paced digital world, having multiple payment options has become a necessity for businesses of all sizes. Offering customers a range of payment options is a key factor in increasing sales and promoting business growth. The unavailability of multiple payment options is one of the reasons online shoppers abandon the shopping cart without completing the purchase. To investigate this, we emailed a survey question to our email list of 51258 newsletter subscribers. The question was : Have you ever abandoned a shopping cart while shopping online just because your preferred payment option was not available? (A) NO (B) YES 27991 people responded. Thus, 54.6% of our newsletter subscribers answered the question. Out of the 27991 respondents, 2799 (10%) answered YES and the remaining 25192 (90%) answered NO. Thus, 10% of the respondents have abandoned the shopping cart when doing online shopping in the past due to the unavailability of their preferred payment options. The pie ch

Does Workplace Diversity Play An Important Role In Productivity?

This article was written by Takarudana Mapendembe and originally published on Workplace diversity has become a major focus for many organizations, and for good reasons. A diverse workforce can bring a wide range of perspectives and experiences to the table, leading to greater innovation, improved decision-making, and a more productive and engaging work environment. In this article, we will explore the ways in which workplace diversity can impact productivity and provide some tips for how organizations can create a more diverse and inclusive work environment. The Importance of Workplace Diversity Diversity can take many forms, including differences in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, and more. When organizations embrace diversity, they create a workplace where individuals feel valued and respected, regardless of their backgrounds or identities. This, in turn, can lead to higher levels of engagement, greater job satisfaction,